The Government of Canada has reached a new youth mobility agreement with Italy, expanding work opportunities for Canadian and Italian youth. Under the agreement, Canadian and Italian youth between the ages of 18 and 35 will be able to live and work in each other’s countries.

The agreement will allow youth aged 18 to 35 years old to work and travel for up to 12 months, with the opportunity to participate twice in the program for a total of 24 months. This expansion will include two new streams—International Co-op and Young Professionals—to help youth gain professional work experience abroad.

Not only does this program provide opportunities for Canadian and Italian youth to explore new cultures, languages, and societies, but it also develops life skills that improve job prospects for the future. This agreement opens up even more possibilities for future work and travel experiences while strengthening our countries’ people-to-people ties.

The agreement is a great opportunity for Canadian and Italian youth who want to live and work abroad. This will provide them with new skills and experiences that will help them in their future careers.

Find out if you’re eligible
Italy—Working Holiday

Description: The Working Holiday category is designed for Italian citizens who wish to find temporary paid employment (for up to 12 months) to pay for their travel in Canada.

Note: As an Italian citizen, you may participate in the International Experience Canada program twice, under any category.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must

  • be an Italian citizen
  • have a valid Italian passport for the duration of your stay in Canada
    • Your work permit in Canada can’t be valid longer than your passport.
  • prove you’re a resident of Italy when you apply
    • This means you must provide a residential or mailing address in Italy and a residence certificate (certificato di residenza).
  • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive)
  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada
  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay as a worker
    • You may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada.
  • not be inadmissible to Canada
  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you’ll have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada
  • not be accompanied by dependants
  • pay the fees
Would you like to study, work or live in Canada? We can help you with your planning. Book a consultation with us today!