Good news for skilled workers
The Government of Canada has announced that it is adding 16 new occupations to the list of those eligible for permanent residence through the Express Entry NOC system. This is in response to labour shortages in key sectors like health care, construction, and transportation.
The purpose of the NOC system is to follow and establish all occupations in the Canadian job market. The Canadian Express Entry program will be able to use this information to help manage programs and make it easier for international students and temporary workers to gain permanent residency.
Express Entry is now available to the following 16 occupations:
- payroll administrators
- dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- sheriffs and bailiffs
- correctional service officers
- by-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- residential and commercial installers and servicers
- pest controllers and fumigators
- other repairers and servicers
- transport truck drivers
- bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- heavy equipment operators
- aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
Adding these occupations to the list of those eligible for permanent residence through the Express Entry system will help to address labour shortages in these sectors and spur economic growth.
This is good news for skilled workers in these occupations who are looking to immigrate to Canada. If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, talk to us.